CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankfulness ; The Countdown to Thanksgiving Day 11





Today is 11/11/11, what a cool day. I don't believe in wishes and such but it's still pretty cool. But you know what is even cooler....it's Veterans Day. So today I am thankful for my freedom. I am thankful for all of those who fought for our freedom as well of those who died for our freedom. So today lets stand for those brave men and woman who have and will risk their lives so that we can have our freedom.



I am also thankful for my Daddy who was a WWII Vet. He served in the U.S Navy and fought in WWII. My dad is the smartest man I know, because he did everything he could to learn. He taught himself to read and write. He is amazing. He worked hard all of his life to support his family and I was lucky enough to have him retire when I was born so that he could be home with me. He knows pretty much everything and can build anything. Up until last year he was still climbing on the roof to repair it. It doesn't matter how old he gets he still does everything lol.  My dad is the ultimate role model, he has been through so much in his almost 88 years and he taught me so much about life, and still continues to teach me everyday. He is such a wonderful man, and I can't speak highly enough about him because I am the luckiest girl in the whole world that I get to call him daddy!  Thank you dad for everything you have done for me. I am truly grateful to have you as my daddy! I love you so much!

This is my dad during WWII, he was about 22 here
Not a great pic of us but I can't seem to find my favorite pic :(
My favorite recent pic of my daddy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment