CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 5, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge- Day 3

Day 3- Your First Love

OK I know that I am suppose to write about my first love. However, my first love was Wesley (my ex husband) and I don't feel it appropriate to even bring him up in my blog. Other then my 2 beautiful children, and the friendships with his family, not much good came from that mess.

SO I will tell you about my amazing husband and how we met! :) Leo and I met when we were 16 and 17 at our church. We were both involved in our church youth group, back then it was awesome! My first real memory of him was during a skit we did for Halloween and he was my "boyfriend." I believe that was the first time I ever really noticed him. I wont lie, when we pretended to kiss, I could feel the chemistry. But I was in a relationship and so was he so we just started our friendship. 

A few years later when I was 18, Wes and I had broken up, and Leo and I started talking on the phone, then began dating for a few months. It was a lot of fun but it didn't last long and we both ended up back in our previous relationships. I continued to go to church but he stopped coming, and time went on. 

I got married, had Madison, and Caden and hadn't spoke to him in at least 3-4 years. Well in the midst of my marriage falling apart, he just happened to walk back into the church during a coffee house that we had there. From there, we started talking and catching up on life. We talked pretty regularly on the phone and through text and started becoming friends again. I could definitely feel the attraction between us but even though my marriage was over, I wanted to wait until he was gone before anything happened. 

I was nervous about going right into a relationship but after a few weeks I decided what the heck and jumped on in. And it was the best decision I have ever made! Once my divorce was final in Dec 2008, Leo proposed. He sent the kids in the bedroom with signs that said "Will" and "You" except they mixed it up and came in and Said "You Will" and he came in with a sign that said "Marry Me." So I guess I didn't have a choice :) and we were married September 12, 2009. And I can honestly say it was the happiest day of my life. I feel so blessed and I have never ever been so happy in my life! 

I believe God sent him back to me to help me heal and show me how to be loved. And I am so grateful. I have now entered a new chapter in my life and I just can't help but think how lucky I am to have a chance at real love and a healthy marriage!

0 comments:

Post a Comment