CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Day!

It was so nice to get away, even if we had to come home today. We left about 2am to head to PA and we got there about 6am. It wasn't a bad drive, because of the time we didn't hit any traffic. I was really impressed with how well the dog did on the ride, since she has never been on a long ride, and generally tends to get sick when we are in the car. But she was a trooper! She was even pretty well behaved at the house which I am sooo happy about!

When we woke up it was snowing!! It was beautiful too. I was really excited since it was the first snow fall this year AND it was on Thanksgiving! It was really a day I wanted to last forever... I sat by the fire with Leo while the food was cooking, the snow was falling, and the kids were playing. At that moment I truly felt blessed and wished I could stay in that moment forever. It's times like those where you just sit and take it all in. I couldn't have asked for a better day. The food was great, we were with family relaxing and spending time together, and it was wonderful. We finished off the evening with everyone sitting around playing poker and eating desert. We ended up sleeping on an air mattress the first night which when we woke up it was deflated... whoops. SO the next night we slept on the other air mattress and guess what....we deflated that one too. ah well. I'm gonna go out on  a limb and say it's probably not a great idea for us to sleep on them anymore.

Around midnight, we went to Wal-mart for the Black Friday sale and it was insane but not as bad as last year. This year we were able to get the things we needed and get out of there without camping out. It was so much easier. I ended up getting the kids bikes for $35 each, a vacuum for $8, pj's for the kids for $4 and a sewing machine for $50. I am the most excited about that. I have really been wanting to learn to sew, so if anyone wants to volunteer to teach me, then please let me know :)

Now we are home and I am exhausted!

I am so thankful for my wonderful husband who has turned my whole world upside down. Each one of my babies whom I am so lucky to be called mommy. I am also thankful for those little moments where you realize that your life is complete and life couldn't get any better then this. And last but not least, I am so thankful that  we were able to be surrounded by family for Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment