CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve

On the eve of Thanksgiving, most people are baking pies, and preparing for tomorrow's big feast. I, on the other hand am cleaning, packing and chasing kids back to their beds! Oh, and I made some brownies which didn't turn out quite how I wanted them but that's alright. In just a few short hours we are heading to PA to visit my mother in law. And I am really excited about it. There is just something about spending the day with a lot family that makes Thanksgiving.

I thought with my parents out of town, my sister working and Leo's mom being in PA, I would be stuck here attempting to cook a bird for just us. Thank God that we decided to go visit his mom. I have never prepared a turkey or anything that goes along with it, and frankly, I wasn't looking forward to it. If we didn't have kids we probably would have went out to dinner. I just recently have branched out into the cooking world and I am not quite ready to tackle something that big. My mother in law of course had 8 kids so she is good at making a ton of food.

Unfortunately Leo had to work tonight so we can't leave until 3am when he gets off. Not something I am looking forward too..driving 4 hours with a packed car and a dog in the middle of the night. Not ideal but it will work out. And the worst part is we have to come back Friday because Leo couldn't get off Friday night. Sucks I know. I am just thankful that we will get to get away even for just a few days and have a nice weekend with family.

"Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 106:1


Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment