CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

God's Sense of Humor...

I truly believe that God has a sense of humor. Do you ever feel like you just can't take one more thing, and bam you get hit again? That seems to be my life these past three days. After being sick in bed for two days, I was not ready to go full force back into mommyhood on my first day out of bed. But sure as it was, Leo had to go back to work last night and of course the kids got sick. My house was in disarray, kids are exploding everywhere, and the only thing I wanted to do was run back to bed.

Alanna started by exploding through her clothes...not twice...but three times! I had to change her 7 times through out the night. Caden started projectile vomiting while I was in the process of changing Alanna for bed. Of course he made it all over my hallway carpet  and bathroom floor, but missed the toilet by a mile. :) Gotta love 3 yr olds. So I had to lay Alanna down, give Caden a bath and clean up the mess, all while keeping the dog away from it. Let me just tell you, you don't appreciate the ability of multi-tasking until you become a mom. So I think OK, he is cleaned, Alanna is in bed. If i can just get him to sleep we will be OK. But nope, here is where God's sense of humor kicks in....I put all of the kids to bed and think once they are sleeping they will be fine....nope wrong again! Caden wakes up and gets sick in his bed, So I am gathering sheets to throw them in the wash, finding a little trash can and trying to get him down stairs to the couch. I figure it would be easier to "catch" him if I'm within arms length. Finally after a few more sick spells he is out. So I am thinking, this is good, he will sleep in, if i got to sleep now I will get a good five hours of sleep before I have to get Maddie up for school....wrong again.

Here is where i start to become overwhelmed...

I start to carry him upstairs to his clean sheets and he is soaked...though his clothes, through my new couch, and now me. Awesome! I finally got him changed and in bed and I am still counting, OK so I get 4 1/2 hours of sleep I can do this! So as soon as I hit the pillow I hear MOMMY!.... Awesome! Madison is up....and she is sick. At least she made it to the toilet,right? Well by now I am crying, exhausted and still not feeling well. So of course I called Leo at work and cried to him. No sooner did I say "I can't take anymore..." Madison says "Mommy, it's in my bed!" See God's sense of humor...I guess i should be more careful of what I say huh?

Cue breakdown...

So needless to say, it was a loooonng night! I finally got to sleep about 5:30. Thankfully the kids slept until 11, so I was able to get a little rest before I had to get up and be nurse mommy again. I spent my whole day not only cleaning up the mess from two days of being in bed, but sanitizing, washing bedding, washing clothes, and cooking dinner. We had homemade chicken and rice. yummm!

So it has been one heck of a week so far, I am praying things calm down for the next few days at least! They definitely don't put this kind of stuff in the What To Expect books. I think I need a vacation!


"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." Isaiah 40:29 (NIV)

2 comments:

Leo said...

You do such a good job I love ;)

Unknown said...

I think you have earned a vacation! You had a time of it. Stopping from Mom Loop!

Post a Comment