CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

30 Day's of Thankfulness: Happy Birthday Dad


Today is my dad's 89th birthday! And I am SO thankful to still have him around! He is healthy (for the most part) and he still gets around pretty well. I am blessed to have an older father, he was 60 when I was born and retired right after. My dad will do anything for anyone, he would even drive me to school across the street and he made my lunch everyday until I graduated high school! My dad is what you would call the jack of all trades. Even at 89 he can fix just about anything, he cooks dinner every night just the same as he did my whole life (I don't even know if my mom can cook) and he is the smartest man I know. He only went to school until the 6th grade but he is well educated and self taught. He was raised poorer then poor, with no shoes or food to eat but he worked hard everyday to get everything he has. He set the example of the type of man that I should marry, he has always been hard working, unselfish, and I never saw my parents fight. They set the bar on marriage and are still going strong after 32 years. He is such a wonderful man and an even better father! Thanks daddy for everything you have done and still do for us. Without you I don't know where I'd be. Happy Birthday and I wish you many many many more! I love you!


0 comments:

Post a Comment