CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year



Happy New Year everyone! Leo and I rang in the new year with our lovely group of friends, which ended with an engagement! So that was exciting.

 As I sit here reflecting on 2012 I realize that it was a pretty great year. My best friend got married and I was her matron of honor, I was also a bridesmaid in another wedding for a close friend. I helped plan our 10 year high school reunion. I celebrated my 3rd wedding anniversary and went to my first Raven's game. I also survived 12/21/12.  Overall I'd say it was a pretty good year for me.

This year we have family resolutions on top of my own personal ones.


  • Eating clean. 

 I went through the house and tossed all of the junk and processed foods and went shopping for lots of veggies. I have to lose this weight, I am at my heaviest right now and that needs to change. So Leo and I have decided to get serious about our health. I know this is everyone's resolution but it's not my resolution as much as a life style change. It's also so much easier when my husband is involved as well. Our biggest problem is eating out and that will go hand in hand with our budgeting .
  • Get organized. 
I am going to organize my life. I live in constant chaos, and it starts as soon as the kids get out of school. Homework, trying to prepare dinner, dance, soccer, theatre. Not to mention trying to keep up on laundry and housework. Starting yesterday I am in the process of meal planning for the weeks and setting up a better routine. 

  • Set and stick to a budget
 The biggest problem we have is saving money. I'll admit , I'm a spender. I love to shop, and not just for me but for anything. Kids stuff, house stuff, it doesn't matter I love it. We also love to eat out. But I found this great easy to use free app for my phone called Budgets . My goal is to set my monthly budget and put money in my savings each week and stick to it!



A few of my personal resolutions are:

  • Read 25 books
  • Have a closer walk with God
  • Enjoy every moment especially with my kids

I hope everyone has a fantastic year , I am looking forward to all of the awesome things to come!




0 comments:

Post a Comment