CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Healthy Eating Baking Mishap


So I have been doing pretty well with my dieting and eating healthy. I have found some great recipes, and have overloaded on the fruits and veggies. I'm down 5 lbs so far! woohoo!

So the other day a friend posted a pic of some very yummy looking Paleo Brownies. She has lost over 100 lbs (don't quote me on the exact number, but it was a lot and she looks fantastic) You can check her Facebook page out here: This Mom Is Losing It. Anyway, back to the story. I was dying for some chocolate and decided to pick up the ingredients that I needed and give it a try.

I merrily mixed the ingredients, filled my brand new Pampered Chef brownie pan, and then stuck them in the oven. About 10 mins later I start to smell something burning. It smelled like burnt marshmallows, so I hurried to the oven only to find that my batter exploded everywhere! My square brownie pan looked like 1 giant pan covered in tar. It was all over the pan, my oven racks, and the bottom of my oven. So I pulled it out, wiped out the oven, scrapped the mess off so you could see the squares and stuck it back in. I figured it was worth a second try, right? Well needless to say every time I checked on it, it looked like bubbling tar. I asked my sister in law, who was here at the time, if brownie batter was suppose to bubble and she informed me that in fact it is not. So much to my dismay, my brownies turned out to be nothing but sticky chocolate tar (which you can see at the top. The Left pic is my friends delicious looking brownies, and my tar is on the right.) Moral of the story....brownies are not suppose to be healthy. I will stick with the box kind from now on and have a cheat day once in a while.

Side note: She did make me some and is sending them via mail. I can't wait to try them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment