CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Madison Leigh....a few days late

 It's been a few weeks since I've updated here. So I am going to make this post all about Madison. Six years ago today was my due date for Miss Madison. But of course she decided to grace us early....but not on her own accord.

36 weeks

My Aunt sitting with me through the contractions

It was October 5th 2004, around 10pm and all of a sudden my blood pressure went up and I was taken to the hospital. After about an hour they informed me that I had pre eclampsia so I needed to be induced right away. I was taken from triage and into the L&D room to start the induction. I decided before that I wanted to go naturally...of course things never go according to plan. ha ha. After a about 9 hours I had finally dilated to 3 so they were able to break my water and up my pitocen. At this point I thought she was never going to come. She was stubborn...nothing has changed lol. My contractions were off the charts and yet nothing was happening. Thirty four hours later from the time I went in, I was still only 4 1/2 cms and the doctor came in and said it's time for a c-section. They were concerned because they thought in addition to the group B strep I had an infection and they were concerned for her. So I was prepped and taken into the OR. Madison Leigh was welcomed into the world on October 7,2004 at 11:07am weighing 7lbs, 7oz and 21in. long.
I only got to see her for a minute because she was rushed off to the NICU because they were worried about the infection spreading to her. Right after they took her away they knocked me out. (which later i found out was unnecessary) I was out for a while and when I woke up I had no idea what was going on. I barely remember seeing her when they took me in the NICU. I went to my room to recover and I wasn't able to see Madison again until the next morning. I was devastated. It was hard going back to your room without your baby being there with you. It was even harder to see her lying there in the NICU (the biggest  babythere) connected to all of the tubes and wires.I finally got to hold my angel the next morning (I held her briefly before I went to my room, but I was a little out of it from the drugs so I couldn't really see her) She was beautiful, and perfect! I was so lucky to have her. The following day she was finally allowed to come stay in the room with us. Since I had a c-section it was really hard for me to get around. Thankfully my mom was there with me the whole time. She was wonderful!

The First Time I got to Hold Her in The NICU
From This Moment On, I knew she was a ham!
I was released after 5 days and was admitted back after 2 days of being at home. It was horrible having to go back without my baby. My BP was way too high and they brought me back in to treat me. Luckily I didn't have to get the magnesium sulfate. I was finally able to go home after 2 days and be with my angel.
Now 6 years later, I look back and see how from the moment she was brought into my life, my whole world was changed for the better. She is such a brilliant child. Of course the stubbornness she had while entering the world , she has carried with her through these past 6 years. But she is so full of life and I wouldn't change one thing about her! She is brilliant. She loves to read, sing, and dance. And she is one heck of a soccer player! These have been the best 6 years of my life!
 How lucky I am to be her momma!

0 comments:

Post a Comment