CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Slacking For Summer





It's that time of the year again! The summer is over and school is getting ready to start tomorrow. I just can't believe how fast this summer went, and I have been a slacker when it comes to keeping up on my blog. So here is a quick recap of our relatively uneventful summer.

We did hit the beach for a weekend with my best friend and our families in June for the kids to play sand soccer but it rained the entire weekend so we only had a few short hours to enjoy the beach.

and how we spent most of the trip...



 For the last 10 years I have been working at a performing arts camp at our community center every summer. We teach dance...or I teach dance rather , music, and theatre and at the end of camp the kids put on a performance. It's something I love and have been passionate about since I was a child, and now my kids are doing it. This is Madison's 3rd year and Caden's first, they start at age 6. This year we did The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (it's like the knock of children's version of The Wizard of Oz.) Madison was a lead monkey and Caden was a rapping munchkin. It was adorable. We also went on some pretty awesome field trips this year to Port Discovery and the Lyric Opera House. 

Caden the rapping munchkin
And an angry tree lol

And Maddie the flying monkey..........


and a poppy


And now the Summer is coming to an end and school is getting ready to start. I'm usually that parent who is counting down the days but honestly I'm just not ready for school to start just yet. I've enjoyed having the kids home with me, even if it means having a messy house. The price we pay to sleep in for just an hour. Now it's back to the hustle and bustle of the school year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment