CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Back To School



It has arrived! The kids went back to school on Monday. ::sigh:: Madison started the 3rd grade and Caden the 1st. I'm really not sure how they are old enough to be in 1st and 3rd grade but it is here. Alanna starts Pre- K on Thursday. PRE-K....my BABY! I don't know if I am ready for this, but I know she definitely is! When we went to meet her teacher on Monday she cried because she didn't want to leave the class. She's really excited to start "big kid school." I have mixed emotions about it.



On the other hand I have some exciting things coming up in the next few weeks. With Alanna starting school now, I had to figure out what I am going to do with myself. I've spent the last 7 years as a Stay At Home Mom, just taking care of kids, cooking and cleaning. On top of mine I had my 3 nieces most days while my sister in law worked. Now all of my kids in school and my brother in law is baby sitting my nieces so I needed to make some decisions. I work part time for a Caterer but it's just a few hours a week. Before I decided to stay home with my kids I worked in banking. I mainly did member services and loans. So I figured I could always go back into that, but honestly, I just didn't like it. I'm not good with numbers and I hated getting up in the morning to go to work. So after researching and reading, I have decided to get my Doula certification! I am so excited. If you don't know what Doula is, basically it's like a birthing coach. They are there to support the mother before, during, and after labor. It's perfect for me! It's something I love and fascinates me. I am also going to take a lactation class so I can help those moms who are having a hard time breast feeding. When I had all of mine especially Madison, I had a very hard time with it and gave u pretty early. It was hard because I didn't have the proper resources to help me, so it's important to me to help other moms that are going through what I did. And I just can't wait to get started. I registered to start classes on September 20!! So lots of exciting things are to come within the next few months. Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment