CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Being a mom...

Being a mom is the hardest job that anyone could have, being a stay at home mom is even harder. If I hear "oh you're so lucky you get to sit home with your kids all day" one. more. time. I'm going to kick someone. Now don't get me wrong, I am lucky enough to be home with my kids, but the last thing I do is sit around. I am responsible for making these little people turn into awesome big people, who love the Lord. The decisions I make daily will effect the lives of these three little people. Have you ever sat and listened to your children play? Yep, that right there is your parenting at it's finest. There have been many times that I have cringed listening to Madison and Caden play house. Whoops.

There are many many times where I am ready to throw in the towel and go back to work. And many times that I am ready to pull my hair out....almost daily. But in the end I love my job. For those who think that being a stay at home mom isn't a job, let me break it down for you. How often do your co workers cry and throw themselves on the floor in a tantrum? My guess is not as often as mine. I get it daily, most of the time more then once a day. On top of dealing with tantrums when I say the word "No," I am a maid, these little monsters make quite the mess. I know my house is hardly ever clean, at least not during the day, but how can anyone keep a spotless house with 3 young kids? If you do please, please come and share your secret with me and I will be eternally grateful. I am a cook....at least three times a day, but always more. My kids would eat all day if I let them. I am a referee , I can't count the many times a day I hear "He hit me, she hit me, she stole my toy, and that's mine!" And don't even get me started on the yucky stuff being a mom entitles, things you can't even imagine.... unless you're a mom. I never imagined that I would clean up and touch some of the things I have without even flinching. I guess you become desensitized to it all once you get puked on for the first time. But mixed in with all of that not so fun stuff, you get all of the wonderful jobs as well. I get to be a teacher , an encourager, a nurse to kiss all of the pain out of the boo boos, and a cuddler. And I love every minute of it. God has blessed me with these awesome little ones and it's my job to raise them to know Him and follow Him. And at the end of the day that is what I strive to accomplish.

So while I am constantly exhausted, crazy , and busy, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Every day I am learning along with them. I am learning to make conscious decisions that will mold and shape my kids. I am trying to lead by example and it's tough but with lots of prayer we get through each day. I couldn't ask for anything more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment