CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2001- We Will Never Forget!

Ten years ago today at 8:46am the whole world changed. I was just starting my senior year of high school. We were warming up in dance class when the art teacher came running in and told us that a plane just hit the World Trade Center. We all  went next door to watch the TV's and see what was happening.  A few minutes later we watched as the second plane hit the second tower and we just stood there in shock. I remember hearing our teacher say we were under attack. Then an announcement was made and we were told to turn off TV's and radios, so we went back to our classroom in silence. None of us knew what to do or what to say so we just sat in a circle and cried and prayed. I think that was the very first and only time we prayed in school. I feel thankful that we were together in that class with Mrs. Rider because we were like a family. A little bit later my mom came to pick me up and we sat glued to the TV for the rest of the evening. I will never forget.

The devastation that took place day is incomprehensible. I was only 17 years old and although it effected me then, watching everything now, 10 years later, as a wife and a mother it is put in a completely different perspecitive. My heart aches for those who lost husbands, wives, and children. I mourn all of those innocent lives taken that day. There are no words to describe what I am feeling other then sadness.

I also feel grateful because although as a nation we were wounded, we came together and stood strong. Everyone at some point , in one way or another reached out to God. I have never in my life seen more patriotism and compassion in my life. People were helping strangers and everyone stood together as one. I am proud to be an American . And I feel blessed and thankful for everyday the Lord gives me.

To all of those who lost their lives on that horrific day, my you peacefully rest in the Lord's arms. To all of the heroes who risked their lives saving others, we thank you. To all of our service men who are still risking their lives for our freedom, we salute you. Thank you! And We Will Never Forget





0 comments:

Post a Comment