CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 11, 2013

The Yell Jar and Consequence Jar



I will be the first to admit, I am not perfect. I know you're shocked, but it's true. In fact I often regret some of my parenting choices. The main one is yelling. I yell....a lot. That's just what I do, when the kids are not listening...I yell. When the kids push my last button...I yell. When Leo doesn't take out the trash...I yell. I know, I know. I'm not proud of it, but I do it.

It's one of those things that I want to change but always fall back into the habit. And of course since I yell, the kids yell. Madison has become pretty bad with it and I have decided we needed a redo. So I have decided to start a yell jar, it's sort of like a swear jar but for yelling. If we scream or yell we have to put a quarter in it. That goes for Leo and I as well as the kids. I chose a quarter because the kids don't really get an allowance yet. Realizing that they don't always have a quarter, they can choose a slip of paper from the Consequence Jar instead. They have to fulfill whatever they choose like clean your room, clean your siblings room, wipe down the counters and table, sweep the floor, ect. I color coded them for each child because obviously there are things that Madison can do that Alanna cannot, so I made each of them age appropriate. So far we have $.75 in the yell jar, this will also be a good way to save up some money too! *Fingers crossed* this will help out with a decimal level around here. I guess we will find out soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment